Sending accurate information out into any kind of field is very important. Whether it’s a business or any kind of other legal transaction, in order to explain the causes and reasons perfectly to the other party is very important. It becomes extremely tough and challenging when they do not understand a particular language. A wrong keyword or phrase may turn the situation into an ordeal. So it is better to hire a professional translator in such matters. Here are a few tips for you to refer when hiring someone for Legal Document translation.
- Do not just ask anyone: This is a very important point. You may have a relative who has studied the knowledge in which you are translating the document. Now it may seem a good to ask them for help, but actually, it is not. For instance, if they have studied another knowledge, they may be acquainted with the terms related to the law sector. Hence, during the translation, they may use some casual words, where should have used some critical words which, only a professional knows. The lack of the legal terminologies and concepts make this particular option a bad choice.
- Seeking help from online translations: This particular reason doesn’t need any special explanation. The idea itself is painstaking. Translating a document word to word via google translate or any other online service is a recipe for disaster. For starters, they are just programs and not humans. You may be asking for something and they may present a word related to something else. Moreover, the online translation services cannot comprehend the degree of the topic you are writing. They may suggest the same word for “a heinous crime” and “a petty crime”, and the worst part is you will not have the option of a second opinion.
- Knowledge, Resources, and Experience: These three key factors are important and should be on the top of your list when you are out searching for some translators. A professional should possess the knowledge requires translating a piece of a legal They must have a rich vocabulary to support the agenda mentioned in the document. Resources are equally important and are compared in terms of vocabulary. Experience is a major key among the three above mentioned criteria. A professional should be experienced and should know beforehand what types of keywords and phrases should be used in particular sentences in order to make it presentable and convincing in front of an audience. The more the experience of the translator the better are the chances of your document standing out more than others.
- Never toy around during a deadline: The deadline for your document may be approaching soon and you may still be wondering whether to hire a professional or to give the job to some local freelancers. Well, you should stop thinking and hire a professional immediately. It is always better to hire a professional in such matters. The freelancer which you wanted to hire may also be pretty good, but it’s better to be on the safe side. Any vital piece of the document requires the surveillance of an experienced eye. A project that is not so important can be handled with the help of freelancers. But one should never resort yo freelancers in times of hurry.
- Credibility: If the time comes to verify the source from which you have translated the document, the professional background of the translator may give you some extra credibility over the people that use non-professional resources. Moreover, if the person tends to have a legal validity and a license, your document is as good as authentic, as long as the terms or the data stated in it are valid and appropriate. There are times when people reject the translations just because they come from an unreliable resource. At times like these, you can save the time and headache of looking for another translator by appointing a professional one in the first place.
- It saves you the embarrassment: A legal document is an important piece of paper and needs to be handled with care. If you assert to online services or freelancers, chances are that you may end up expressing something in your document that may not be remotely related to the topic. By the time you realize the mistake, it’s already too late. So it’s better to hire a professional guy and save you the embarrassment of a bad translation or better yet, something that might have cost you your job.
- Another reason why freelancers should be avoided: There is a very distinct difference between the freelancer and the student. A student of translation is learning the job, whereas a freelancer may also be learning but not all that intently. Chances are that a freelancer might also be involved in some other projects and tot them this translation might just some other casual work. Now there are exceptions, but when it comes to legal documents, as said before, it’s better to be on the safe side.
- Better not to hire learners: It is better not to hire learners as well, especially if the project is important. In situations where the document is not that important, and you have this cousin who is learning translation and wants to help you, and you cannot say no to them; you may give them a try. But if and only if the document isn’t that important. A learner may be more dedicated than a freelancer, but they are still in the process of learning and may lack the experience to present a good document.
- Always consult a professional: In situations where you have consulted a learned or a freelancer simply out of the goodwill of that person, make sure you verify the document by a professional for a final opinion.
- Compatibility: Before hiring a translator, make sure you have a talk with that person and explain them your situation thoroughly. This will help them to better assess your position and present your views on the document with appropriate priority and degree.
Notarized documents are documents which are marked with a stamp or a seal which indicates the signature on the document is legitimate. Then the notary places the stamp near the signature along with the others to track down records related to the signature. This will tell the bank that it has been really already signed up document and someone won’t be able to pose anyone else. In the age of identity and lawsuits it’s always very important to know who have really signed up the document. For verification, in the age of identify and theft and lawsuits which is very important to be notarised.
Following characteristics of the notarised document should follow are:
- Notarizing documents in foreign languages: On different locations the notarizing documents are printed in foreign languages.
- Notarizing documents for disabled person: The documents are notarized even for the disabled person.
- Notarizing the Photograph can also be done: A notary is almost required to administer an oath and complete a notarial certificate, pertaining to the notarial act where he or she is performed.
- Performs Hospital Notary Work: When a notary is asked to travel in hospital, nursing home or the rehabilitation centre then it is referred as hospital notary work.
- Notarizing for family members and family business: Notarizing among the family members and family business too.
- Notary signature is essential for all important documents: It is very essential that notary always signs every notarial certificate that he or she notarizes.
10 tips to get an important document notarised
Step 1: Personal appearance requirement: It is very important that almost every step requires the signer to be present at the moment to solve, each and every details of the problem. This is important as it protects the signer, employer and anyone relying on the notarisation and against any kind of notarisation and fraud kind of activities. Personal appearance allows the other step to be completed with proper kind of notarisation facility.
Step 2: Document Scanning: One should always scan over the document for the number of important reasons:-
- To look for the certificate wording that will tell what type of notarisation to perform.
- To review the certificate wording to make sure it contains all the elements of the notary certificate and it conforms the requirement of the state.
- It helps to check the blank spaces. There are no blanks on a document and other states that strongly recommend it. Blank documents can be altered later.
- Be very sure to enter the date of notarisation which took place in certificate wording.
- It is very important to verify that the name on the ID that supports the name in the document.
So scanning the document does not mean the reading it for all details. It should just glance over it to sufficiently to get the information to get.
Step 3: Verification Process: It is very important to verify the signer’s identity for the essential duty of the Notary. Every state provides how to identify each signer, and traps cases of fraud and spoil. It comprise of three general methods:
- It involves personal knowledge which includes about the person as a signer.
- Identify several documents such as driver’s license, passports and the other government issued ID’S.
- It includes credible identifiable witnesses who know about the signer and vouch of his or her identity.
Step 4: Make a record in Journal Entry: Most of the steps either require or recommendations for the notaries to maintain the notarizations. A good journal entry always contains all the details of the notarization which is called into a question. It is a good idea to make the journal entry for the necessary elements of the records including the signers signature.
Step 5: Completion of the Notarial certificate: If the document doesn’t contain the certificate wording, then we need to ask the signer what type of notarisation is required and then attach a separate or loose certificate. Try to take care to sign and affix the seal properly. It’s always sign exactly as the name appears on the commission. The seal should be close to the signature but should not overlap any wording. The goal is to make everything legible. If we are in a state that doesn’t require us to use seal, where one need to add the name and commission information in other spaces below the signature.
Step 6: Steps to safeguard Notaries: Notaries are responsible for the safeguard of supplies against fraudulent acts.
Step 7: Notarisation by Legal: It is very important that the process of notarisation is legal or not.
Step 8: Handling of Acknowledged statements: It is always maintained that the sworn statements are always made as a penalty and requires oath and confirmation while an acknowledged statement lacks that.
Step 9: Handling of sworn Statements: Sworn statements are known as affidavits, where some document have a word affidavit in the title but no wording that requires an oath.
This way notaries help to remove the conflicts of interest and making it important and very valuable.
Contented by: BelTranslation International
To prepare document translation, here we have 6 steps towards excellence in translation.
The project consultants are actively listening to the needs and assist in any of the classifications needed that one individual generally needs. Usually the “Big 3 Promises” that are made enquires if asked will be answered within 30 minutes in the working hours. Once the requirement is firm please do send it through the E-quote system. Please fill the details as much as possible, and if possible please do upload the document and project consultant will be able to provide with effective and precise costing. Every single document or information provided is confidential and limited access for few project teams and the rest privacy is maintained and assured.
Terms and terminology research
Before starting the translation process, the project manager and the assigned team members will embark on the necessary research to build up a relevant glossary for the terminology of the databases to be translated. To attain excellence in the document Scribers apply SDL Trados technology on each translation project. If this way is followed accurately, then consistency of the project translation is maintained. Consistency of terms and stylistics of every document is maintained.
For each document to be translated should be assigned to the professional translator who has a very good experience and skill in this field of translation. Accuracy in translation is the priority and the most important factor of concern. While a matching with the linguist and qualifies education background is also very necessary as well as an appropriate tool in the mega Scriber’s translator pool. In this way the quality and the efficiency of the translation is maintained and a skilful translations also takes place though the hands of these professional translator.
Linguists monitor the Quality Check
Once the process of translation is over, then the process of proof reading and editing starts. The proof reader will scrutinize and check the appropriateness and uniqueness of the translated document. The translated document ensures the flawless translation in the foreign language. Main editor will compare the source document word by word to ensure exact and appropriate translation to be performed and ensure the consistency. Editors and proof-readers have to pass a series of stringent test regularly and each of them is highly respected in the relevant industry. Scribers offer the free unlimited free re editing service. In this way we are confident to assure 100% satisfaction.
Layout editing and checks by the Engineers
In this stage about 90% of the complementation is done to the translated document. After the completion of step 4, i.e. Linguists monitor the quality checking, the DTP engineer will transfer the content onto the required layout and ensures segmentation of the translated work. The desktop engineers are extremely efficient and meticulous and deliver very high quality work and efficiency which is in the line of required style and proper layout. This way the excellent presentation in the layout editing is made and cosmetic check by the engineers is done.
Delivery of Project
The document translation is very well controlled and administered by the project managers. Under the tight schedule of time frames and high stress level, they guide the team to execute the work in an accurate manner and stick towards the principle of excellence. Commitment for each document translation assigned should be delivered within the deadlines and surpass the expectations. Meanwhile appreciation to get the feedback in return and indeed they expect a comment and compliment for better future.
In today’s global world document translation is very necessary for different firms including manufacturing, business firms, sales and research fields. Standard categories are added to improve translations in the selected language for any document translation may be technical or text related.