This article will reveal steps to frame a watercolor painting. The main job is to choose the right frame for the correct painting as we would see in museums or art galleries. So let’s learn the 5 tips to frame a watercolor painting:
- Pleasing frame or not: A frame can be too large or too small. A too small frame doesn’t allow the watercolor to “breathe”; not giving the painting needed space for the artistic flow of the image to be viewed. On the other hand a frame that is too large has the bad effect or overpowering effect. Choose the frame that’s deep enough to hold the painting with matte or glazing in appropriate proportion. Our eye is the best evidence proof that will detect whether the frame is proportionate or not.
- Frame should complement the painting: A very common mistake usually occurs by using a very loud frame on a painting. Sometimes it happens that the views first place their attention is on the frame and then on the painting inside. For example a discord is created when an ornate gold frame fights against the bold or subtle colors of painting. It could remind the viewer of a beautiful song with an off key played note. The frame may be beautiful in and off itself but its pairing with ‘off beat’ painting spoils the appearance of the entire piece of art.
- Frame color should complement the painting: Should a frame color be gilded with any precious metals like gold, silver or natural wood? The answer isn’t easy because there isn’t any hard or fast rules in it. Toning can make the gold frame look old, distressed or brand new at times. Golds generally look great in portraits. Silver generally portraits the monotone piece, photograph or most prints. But again to emphasize and repeat the words that there are no hard and fast rules in framing colors.
- Choice of Subject: Choosing a frame in the museum for a piece of art, one should always consider the both artist and the piece of work provided. As many artists generally frame their own work the naming is not so necessary, but as an artist travels from place to place they should name the subject properly for proper identification. For example an Italian countryside should always be framed in the form of an Italian style frame or landscapes of Netherlands should have a dark ripple moulding in its frame.
- Matting matters and Glass: Generally on visiting the museum, one must notice that loud colours or strong colours are never applied for the matte on any piece of artwork. The curators feel that a colorful matte s is a distraction to the art, therefore go with neutral and light shades as light colours will make the image in the frame look more important. The plexiglass or real glass choice, both have advantages and disadvantages. Plexiglass is very light weight but it gets scratched very easily. But both of them offers the UV protection and comes in varieties and advantages. No matter which you choose, plexi of glass it is important for preservation of a watercolor to use UV Protection Glass. UV light fades colors in watercolor paintings quickly, especially reds. And never hang a painting in direct sunlight.
Building a new home is fine but making it look nice and homely involves a lot of interior decoration. A home without any decoration looks almost like a bride without a bridal wear. It’s the touch of decoration that brings life to the empty walls and corners of the house. In recent days creating artistic interior look with picture frames has been in trend. Check out below for some great new ideas to transfer your home walls all new and beautiful by using frames.
- Paint the frames leaving the inside empty: If you are tired of the old frames in your room, simply take it out and colour them with acrylic colours of your choice, and give them all new look. Group and place the coloured frames on the wall.
- Transform frame into a chalk board: Transfer those old frame pieces into a chalk board. Behind the neat designed frame mount a chalk board. Place the board in front the entrance of your room and write some positive quotes in it to remind you of living a positive life daily. You can place it in your kid’s room, in your office cabins, kitchen, etc.
- Make a Mirror out of Beautiful Frames: Those beautiful classic frames can simply give a complete new outlook to your living area or cosy bathroom after transferring it into a beautiful mirror piece. Place the re-farmed mirror in front of your sink vanity or at the side walls of your living room passage. Mirrors always add extra dimension to the interior look.
- Frames to hang jewelleries: Another astounding idea about making your frame looking new and useful is turning into a jewellery hanging piece. To make it jewellery hanging set just add a board screen behind it and earrings can be stuck making holes on the screen. Display your jewelleries in it. It both makes room for your messily kept jewellery pieces and colourful jewellery sets add a stunning colourful look to the empty boring wall.
- Place a Vase into the frames for Cosy artistic Look: Are you thinking what to do with the giant frames and where to put them? Well place it at the empty wall of your living area and put a flower vase inside it making it look like a vase holder. Your pretty vase and the giant both get and beautifully notice all over again.
- Border your Fire place with a Frame: What about bordering the square empty fire place with the frames and giving it a new cosy looks? Frame the empty wall of the fire are with frame to give it a brand new artistic reflection to your interior decorating style.
- Decorate Frames to make it a Stunning Wall Hanging: If you are fond of art & crafts and love make wall hangings then why not transforming the picture frames into a great wall hanging? Take any frame shape and size of your choice and decorate it with cool stuff like; beads, paper flowers, strings, glitters, etc. Make a new wall hanging set and hang them on the wall.
- Display Geometric objects inside Frames instead of Pics: You don’t always need to put pictures inside those picture frames, just because it is meant for it. You can re create the looks by adding various neat geometric shapes matching them with the colour of your walls and place it on the walls. They look neat and tidy.
- Transform Frames into Colourful Wall Calendars: No more buying of calendars. Time for new cool stuff. Make colourful weekly calendars out of those picture frames. Isn’t a cool idea? Stun your visitors by those cool DIY home made calendars in the frame.
- Use Frames as Key Holders: Keys are something that we always tend to lose. Those bunch of keys plays hide and seek with us all the time and freak us out in times of urgent need. Why not make use of one of those picture frames into key holders. It looks cool and serves well too. Never again you have to spend hours searching for key all around your house. Just place the frame in some convenient area and hang the bunch of keys in it.
These are some of the ideas to help you recreate all new look using picture that are either lying in your store room or planning to buy frames but cannot think of any new idea to create something out of the box. Here are some cool ideas that will surely help you in decorating your house with picture frames in all new way you could possibly think.
It is a modern unique style of painting which turns to a good canvas of high price handpicked deals with low prices on top products updated daily. Its uniqueness is only observed in the fields of abstract paintings. It includes love the depth and aspect to be picture drawn through its paintings. It creates a diverse range of acrylic works on deep, all wood panels and certain black painted edges.
The paintings create deep unforgettable dynamic work that generally touches almost all the audience’s heart. It also focuses on combining different natural elements through several abstract contemporary pictures as well as contemporary text writings also. Art work panel decoration is to make the wall more attractive and even gives a sophisticated and executive look.
It often provides a perfect piece of art for a room, making it a perfect matching. It includes creative wall decoration with abstract art. For getting the desperate and the perfect art work, Halena home décor is the perfect match making available. Sometimes a little wallpaper, a decorative painting and colourful accents can make a huge difference in the home décor.
- Decorative Plants
- Romaine Lettuce: Stick to the unused part of the romaine lettuce, which can be easily unrooted from the soil and leave it on the windows viewing that it gets sufficient about of sunlight and water. Sooner will see popping leaves in the certain plant.
- Basil: For the capreses lovers, basil is the best plant for decoration. Only 3/4th part used for food, rest can be easily used for decoration.
- Celery: To grow new stalks of the vegetables, this plant may be used for the decoration as a home plant.
- Scallions: These are the type of plants can be grown in small glass or cups even , and on covering the bulb the plant may start growing one again.
- Garlic Sprouts: Sprouting garlic places on a big bowl or a open surface utensil with a little amount of water helps it to grow and adds to the home décor.
- Cheerful Floral Centrepieces: try to learn how to make the floral centrepieces, so attractive towards guests and arrange them beautifully. This will enhance the home décor and fetch good names about the good look of the home whether small or big. Designer tricks should be maintained are:-
- White Tulips: White tulips with green crystal apple accent or green crystal balls makes a bright and elegant look for the table.
- Purple sweet peas: Paired with lavender glass wears and linen clothing of purple or white goes too well with the purple sweet peas. Full petal peas are mainly in demand for the purpose of decoration.
- Bluebells and Marigold: For the garden part decorations, bluebells and marigold gives the symmetrical and coloured appearance look for outside dinning or lunch as preferred.
- Dahlias and Dill weed: Ceramist Frances of Palmer all fall in love with flowers. So dahlias with dill weed is the best combo and guests will simply love its elegance.
- Decorative Kitchen: For the best ,top and elegant look of the kitchen here are few materials used to give its excellence:-
- Endless marble with abstract drawings: Being seamless, no grout look and a continuous slab of marble gives it an elegant look. It comprises of glass front doors with combination of 3 metals for variation of colour, texture and shine.
- Flirty Curves: Many of the clients prefer lady like appearance curves, so introducing a design of leaded glass which is a design of bevelled is inserts loads of fluidity in it.
- Reflected Light: Antiqued mirror panels on both side of the refrigerator with glass inserts cabinet is exclusively unique and really a new concept. The niche above the refrigerator is drawn with the artwork of ceramics and art. The reflective surfaces offers a jewel like shining appearance which is really exclusive.
- Posh Drawers: Made up solid wood which is hardy and very handy for the regular kitchen ware use.
- Hidden appliances: For the storage of oversize pots and pans, keeping the wires closed in a shell, these hidden appliances acts as a standstill in a shelled up or covered boxes.
Therefore there can be many more ways to keep the home beautifully decorated with the help of Helena and home décor making it a perfect match for our suitable den.
Contented by: Halena Cline.