Software translation is the translation of any program that is written in a programming language to a program which is functionally equivalent to the previous one in some different computer languages but the logical structure or functional structure of the program’s original code will not be lost. This total process of translation is done by the help of a translator. There are different types of software translators like compiler, interpreter and decompiler that can able to change computer languages. The translator that can able to convert one high level language to another high level language is known as source-to-source compiler. The one which can convert a high level language to an intermediate code is known as interpreter. Similarly the translator that converts one high level language to one low level language is known as decompiler.
On the other hand, human translation is the one that translates any written document like personal documents, legal documents, letters, manuals, magazines, information about any product, advertisements, websites and even books from one language to another. A human translator can able to convert a language to another along with idioms, grammar, conventions and preservation of the meaning of the context of the target language close to the previous original one.
Therefore, software translation cannot replace human translation any time soon. A machine or software translator can never able to work like a human translator. The software translator can convert some texts only from one machine language to another. Unlike human translator, the software translator converts a language to another without preserving the meaning of the context of target language close to original language. Translation is not any mathematical equation or any scientific calculation that can be programmed externally by a software developer into intelligent machines. A professional translator only can involve himself or herself in the work of translation. The translators are native speakers or persons who have studied extensively about the target language. The human translators have the capability of translating the original language by capturing the spirit and by using right styles and tones able to preserve the meaning of the original language for the readers of the target language and texts.
The advantages of software translation are:
- The turnaround time is quick.
- One can translate between more than two languages by using one tool only.
- Translation by software means is improving day by day.
- Skype translator, Google translate are some of the translating tools that are easily available.
The disadvantages of software translation are:
- The accuracy level of software language over human language is very low and very inconsistent.
- Software languages cannot able to translate any context.
- The mistakes done by a machine or software language sometimes are very costly.
- It also happens that sometimes machine translator simply cannot occur properly.
The advantages of human translation over software translation are:
- A human translator works very accurately unlike software translator.
- Human translators are able to interpret context and without only translating the original words to target words, they also capture similar meaning of the target words close to the original words.
- Human translators review their translating works and a quality process is provided by them.
- The creative use of different languages like slogans, puns, metaphors can easily be interpreted by human translators.
- The idiomatic differences in between the different languages can be understood by professional human translators.
- If literal translation in a piece of content is not possible then human translators can find the suitable alternatives unlike the software translators.
The disadvantages of human translation are very less as compared to software translation:
- Human translators have longer turnaround time in comparison to software translator.
- There is no human translator who will work for free.
All the software and computers are invented by humans only. These are designed to finish the necessary tasks quickly in less time. But the machines with their artificial intelligence cannot work better than humans. In case of translation also, the software translation remains behind to the human translation. It is very common that all the software are programmed into a machine by humans only so how can that man-made machine will work better than humans.
Though nowadays, computers are helpful to humans in all aspects of life but the capabilities of learning by human brains are much more than by machine brains. In the same way, the software translation can never replace human translation.
Contented by: BelTranslation International.
First we all need to consider what we want to achieve and what ways to commit it successfully are. Try to set specific, measurable, attainable, and relevant and time bound goals that will motivate and make it tangible too. The most crucial is to plan the steps that one must take to realize the goal of the individual and cross off each one after completing them which will truly make sense.
A key reason is that the people think in this way that they haven’t spent enough time thinking about what they usually demand from life and haven’t yet set them. After all no one will like to spend their whole journey of life without scoping out the goal they try would try to attempt or would like to attempt.
Goal setting is the strong process of thinking that makes us realize about the hard future can make a strong feet towards it. It also motivates one individual oneself and helps to turn the vision of this future to reality. The process of setting goals will help to choose how one can move in their life with a targeted aim ahead. By knowing precisely what one wants to achieve and to know where to concentrate ones efforts. It will help to spot out the distractions so easily that lead one to astray.
- Setting Lifetime Goals: It comprise of the first step to set up the lifetime goals to consider what one desires to achieve in their era of lifetime. Setting lifetime goals gives one individual the overall perspective that shapes all aspects of decision making and planning. To give the broad and balanced coverage of all important areas in our life , let’s try to set goals among the following categories are :-
- Career: What level do one want to reach in his or her career what does one want to achieve?
- Financial: How much does an individual desires to earn?
- Education: Whether to gain any knowledge or information in particular?
- Family: Does one individual want to be a parent? If so then how one can be a good parent? How does one want to be seen by his or her partner or by the members of the extended family?
- Artistic: Is there any artistic goals that one individual is sculpturing among himself or herself?
- Attitude: Is there any mind set of part is holding him or her back? Is there any part of the way that keeps him or her upset? If so set a goal to improve the behavioural pattern and try to find the solution.
- Physical: Are there any kind of athletic goals that one individual wants to achieve? Do a good health is demanded in one’s old age? What are the steps taken by them to achieve such good physical fitness?
- Pleasure: How does one want to enjoy or get certain pleasures?
- Public service: Does the humming bird of one individual chirp the similar way to make the world a better place? Even if so, how?
Brainstorming on these things and then select one or more goals to each category chosen gives the best reflect of what one can do. Then also consider the trimming process so that there are small numbers of significant roles that are truly justified to focus on.
But always make sure that the goals set above are always genuinely one wanted to achieve but not the ones his or her parents, families, employers might demand or want.
- Setting smaller goals: Once one have set the lifetime goals, set a five year plan of smaller goals that one need to complete if one is interested to reach the lifetime plan. Then try to create one year plan, then six month and then one month plan of progressively of smaller goals that one need to achieve the lifetime goals. Each of these should be based on the previous plan.
- Staying on Course: Once the goals are set, then try to keep the process going by reviewing and updating the To-Do list on a daily basis. Periodically try to review the longer plan and try to modify them according to the priorities and experience. A good way of doing this schedule regular makes to focus the goals easily and clearly.
- Set up Smart Goals: Making the goals more useful and more powerful is to make them in a smarter way. While there are many variants but still Smart stands for
- S =Specific or significant
- M = Measurable
- A = Attainable
- R = Relevant
- T = Time bound
Instead of sailing round the world, it is better for one individual to follow the smart rules that helps them to keep their goals targeted and fixed.
- Each goal as a positive statement: Try to express the goals in the positive manner. Execution of this technique well is better than to make a stupid mistake.
- Be brief and precise: Set precise goals, putting in dates, time, and amount so that one can measure achievement. On doing this exactly one will able to know when the goals are attained and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Set Priorities: Having several goals, give each goal with priority. This helps to avoid misconceptions about goals and makes very sensible about attaining the goals.
- Keep the operational Goals Small: Keep the low levels goals that one is working upon should be always small and achievable. If the goal is too small, then it makes a sense that the process of working is not progressive. Goals if kept small and short then it earn huge rewards of increment.
- Set realistic goals: It’s important to set goals that one can achieve. All sorts of people can set unrealistic goals for individual, which may often create ignorance of one own desires and ambitions.
- Set performance goals: One should take care of the performance goals but not the outcome goals. Try to keep control over the goals as much as possible. It can be quiet dispiriting to fail to achieve a personal goal for reasons beyond control.
It’s possible to set goals that are too difficult because one might not appreciate either the obstacles in the way or understand quiet how much skill one need to develop to achieve a particular level of performance.
Contented by: BelTranslation International