In order to organize stuffs and make it work successfully there has to be some guidelines that will not only help to run the work systematically but will also trigger the work to be done perfectly. Every day to day important task that we perform in life follows some basic rules that keep it running smoothly. Rules guide us how a particular work should be framed.
Conferences are generally a gathering at a particular place where a group of people meet to discuss over a certain topic officially. Conferences are held so that new ideas can be created, exchanged and brought into light for further improvement in that particular field. Since a large number of individuals are present many issues are also solved to make things work bigger and better. There are numerous types of conferences that take place throughout the year amongst which academic conference is one of them.
An academic conference is a conference where researchers gather to discuss their sphere of work. Attending these academic conferences will gain you highly knowledgeable facts that help in further academic programs. It helps to lift your skills and knowledge higher in that particular sphere. But there is quite a few rules one need to know before planning an academic conference.
Rules you should know before Presenting Academic Conference:
Since conferences are official gatherings where vital discussions take place one need to keep in mind few things before the grand presentation to avoid annoying your listeners and visitors of the event.
- If you are an organizer of the event make you sure you have detail list of what are the topics that are to be discussed. Making a content book of the event leaves you with fewer hazards.
- During the presentation avoid using your phones or keep it in silent mode. It distracts the audience as well as the presenter. It demotivates the presenter thinking listener is losing interest. The light also disturbs the concentration of the speaker and the listeners which seems as a selfish act of yours. So try to avoid it.
- Study your paper and find out does it fit the topic and theme of the academic conference that you are about to present. Does it include all the facts that need to be highlighted as per the conference that you are going to attain? Don’t make unnecessary facts that don’t match with the fact of the event. If you are unsure make enquiries before presenting on the final day.
- Once you find out a particular conference that is suitable for you and you are likely to present make further research and ask from the organizer of the event what actually they require and looking forward to. What do they exactly, find out the word limits, how much and on what type they need you to speak. When they limit it make sure you underline the key words that should be spoken whilst presenting.
- Submission of the paper should be done on exact date given or better if earlier. Submitting paper earlier results to be advantageous if any changes occur beforehand. Submitting your paper earlier draws special attention to the organizer and you get a chance to perform at a favourable time span during the event. Late additions are taken or often excluded leaving you with bad reputation. Also do not forget to include your email-id and contact details clearly without any mistake.
- Once you get your paper done to be presented make sure you prepare before presenting on the final day. Find out your time allocation and structure your academic paper cautiously. Prepare and collect adequate amount of material. Rehearse as much as you can.
- Make a list of listeners before presenting so that you actually know the amount of exact listeners and who are they that will show keen interest in listening to you and prepare yourself accordingly.
- Do not look at the paper or flip the pages while you speak. Keep your head high so that your listeners can listen to you clearly. Speak clearly and pronounce well. Check beforehand your area of presenting so that you feel comfortable and relaxed on the presentation day.
- Do not overdo your speech. Know your area of speaking, work on it and try to create a speech that looks more promising and real and not materialistic. Always make a good and a conclusion.
- Have a pre look at all the electronic gadgets that you will be using. Make sure you are comfortable with them and they work properly to avoid any embarrassing situation during the final presentation day.
These are above are few rules that you must keep in mind and be aware of before presenting an academic presentation. After all a good reputation and impression does matter.