Choosing the right translation process will always help to bridge the language gap. Truly it is almost know to know, choosing the right translation process is so arduous to meet the needs and get the high quality service. This is not difficult when we know the right key to access and fill up the void of need required.
Choosing the right Translation is not at all easy process. It includes human translation, machine translation, crowd and human translation and many more that has several advantages and disadvantages. Some may offer the highest quality but may be time consuming. Finding the translation solution will help in landing the project to its destination place. Try to differentiate the difference in the services offered.
It is very important for Business communication that is how we express our ideas and new outcomes where the language is very important and matters to a great extent. The written materials have a deep impact about people involved and obviously the owner including the brochures, company websites, presentations and newsletters.
So here we have almost 10 rules for choosing the right translation process. Here we go.
- Know the Needs: For promotional message, we must need some greater emphasis on the merits of the product and providing the reader with a call to action. In an operational manual we usually find the technical precisions and the functional. So while trusting a person on translating the message, do they truly help in the process of translation?
- Know what we are dealing with: Try to find out what the vendor has at its disposal whether they are traditional agency that depends entirely on the manual input of human linguists or they have computer systems that aid and optimize the process. Computer aided translation with features such as translation memory and a glossary of management system that can significantly improve the efficiency of the input methods as well as pick up errors or inconsistencies that humans are usually susceptible too.
- Quality Product offered: It is often expected that a quality product is delivered which is the best translation as we always expect from a translator. But it is true that not all translations are according to the expectations, so quality measures are needed to checked and assured prior to delivery. We should check whether the translators articulate the same way, what an individual wants to say or the way they appreciate to get hold of the target audience and get a proper feedback.
- Expertise in Fields: Expertise is very important to fit the goals of communication, one intended to expect from a translator. It is always believed that a premium translation service will have a vertical expertise in different countries. Not all vendors can handle legal documents or medical articles. Information technology and finance related stuffs are always preferred to be handled by expertise people where experienced translators with depth of knowledge are always highlighted and this will resonate the industrial growth.
- Speed: It is very important to know about the turnaround times. Also consider the agency’s ability to translate the work done outside the usual working hours. By getting the translators in the different time zones, it has found that premium agencies are better to be placed to accumulate the work schedule. Having international resources is comparatively better than the local nice translation services.
- Confidentiality: For the confidentiality, it is very important to understand whether the vendor ensures the confidentiality of the information provided, for example the documents stored with privacy. Certain confirmations should be made before hand, that the information send to the translators from the company should be kept confidential or not? Further whether the vendor will sign the non-disclosure agreement for specific projects?
- Customer Service: Try to take a note of the questions asked by the vendors to clarify the requirements. It is worth important that how the consistent service is provided by the translator. For an instance, can they assign the same linguists to translate to translate the published material to retain the same tone and a consistent voice? What may be the procedure to resubmit a translated piece of work for a second edit?
- Technical Capabilities: Check out the system, whether we can find the vendor at our disposal. Do the vendors offer a user friendly cloud based platform where transparency for submitting and achieving documents interaction with customers and presenting the bill information service? Is there a process of system integration for an automated process? Over the long run, these facilities will help to expand the scale of Business expansion.
- Important of price to be paid: It should be kept in mind that affordability should not ride over the consideration. Priority should always be the overall solution for the price to be paid. While considering the above all factors, while reviewing the translational agencies consider the payment packages available and make an ease with which payment can be done.
- Several Additional Services Offered: Complementary services offered by the translational agencies are often very much important or tremendously valuable to the business. This includes the search engine optimisation, localization expertise such as choosing fonts and layouts or co-operating with the advertising or public relationship agent.
Making a good impression can be a bit complicated while communicating in some other language apart from the mother tongue. So these tips provided above will help the partner with a professional agency that has the depth and breadth of expertise to meet the specific requirements.
Contented By: BelTranslation International .
Great technological innovations in the recent past have certainly made life very simple and easy. Our dependence on machines and automated tools has increased manifold. In almost every sphere, we are beginning to lose the human touch, owing to the accuracy of the computers and machine tools.
But to what extent can we believe that these automated tools give us the desired benefits? After all, weren’t these automated machines, tools and computers designed by man himself? Even though the machine tools are accurate and fast, they may not be always correct at all times. There is always a benefit of doubt. This is especially so when language and translation comes into play.
Often, the accuracy of language translation vastly depends on professional, manual proofreading, rather than automated translation. Automated translation, though has its advantages, it has its own share of disadvantages too! Read on to find out more on language, translation and the importance of proofreading translated documents.
Language is an integral part of the society. Without language there are no communication channels nor would there be any form of association amongst people. Imagine a world where there is no medium of communication. It would be complete mayhem. No matter what, language is of supreme importance. Especially with globalisation and shrinking of the spaces between people and countries, language has come out to stand as a vital link between people, cultures, countries, and economies.
Equally essential is the effective translation from one language to the other language, with the real meaning in place, in the times of internationalization. Language translation has surely become a boon in bringing together people, cultures, businesses and countries all across the world. Language translation is not merely an inter-linguistic process. It is a complex phenomenon and involves a deeper perspective of several factors.
What is the role of automated translation in language translation services?
In this contemporary and fast paced world, work always has to be delivered in short turn around cycles. Hence the technological innovations like machine translators are being put to use by many, in order to translate documents, articles, business related documents etc. Automated translation tools provide greater flexibility and faster output.
However, one needs to stop and analyse the actual role and effect that these automated tools have in the language translation process.
Advantages and Disadvantages of automated translation:
- The most evident advantage with the machine/automated translation is the time factor. A lot of time is saved. And within a less span of time, thousands of documents can be translated, which is humanly impossible.
- The second advantage that stems from an automated translation is the cost saving factor.
- Confidentiality is not an issue in automated translation.
- Machine translation appears to be more consistent.
- Though time is a saving factor in automated translation, the same cannot be said when it comes to the accuracy aspect. Languages are quite complex. Understanding the nuances of the language can be solely achieved by people and thereby translation becomes perfect. The accuracy of an automated translation is always doubtful.
- As the accuracy of an automated translation is not perfect, there is limited use of the same in certain critical fields.
- Since a machine follows systematic and formal rules, the main content of the text is not looked into, thereby leading to ambiguity and inconsistency of the text.
- Machine translation is never fool
- An incorrectly done automated translation often increases the costs of correction at a later stage.
In conclusion, the intricacies of the source language and target language cannot be understood by an automated machine. Only a human, professional translator will have the ability to recognise the delicate usage of language and balance of words in the source and target languages, to be able to convey the right meaning.
Importance of Proofreading:
Having understood the drawbacks of automated translation, it becomes very apparent that manual proofreading of documents is very essential.
Why is proofreading important?
- Being the final step before the submission of any kind of document, proofreading becomes the most significant and important step in a process, more so in the language translation context.
- Proofreading helps to understand whether the real intent of the text is communicated or not.
- Proofreading involves not only spell check but also editing, word usage, grammar and punctuation which are the main basics of any document.
- Proofreading gives a chance at a review. Without proofreading, the costs incurred to businesses are manifold as correcting the documents is a lengthy and time-consuming process with the additional cost involved.
- Any sloppy work can be easily detected and the quality of the work can be enhanced by proofreading.
- Mistakes and incorrectly worded statements in documents distract people and act as a deterrent. This can be avoided by proofreading.
- Proofreading removes careless errors and improves the overall efficiency of the documents.
- A proofread document is more organised in structure, format and content.
Proofreading in translation:
The role of proofreading in translated documents is overly critical. Manual proofreading is always the best when it comes to language translations. Professional translators often understand the depth of the source and target language. The subtle distinctions and variations in language are best understood by a professional translator who does justice to the entire translation process. Unlike the automated translations where the word to word translation occurs, often the context meaning gets altered, manual proofreading scores by making the translated documents authentic and accurate.
Though proofreading in translation is a painstaking effort, the results are very often worth the efforts taken. Proofreading is not just spell check. It involves the following:
- It ensures the text and the intent of the translated documents ae conveyed rightly.
- It checks for appropriate usage of words.
- Proper consistency of word usage and paragraphs are looked into.
- Sentence structure is given weightage.
- The original and translated documents carry the conveyed message, after proofreading and are free from errors.
Finally, nothing can replace the human touch and the efficiency of proofreading in language translations. Automated translation often is an illusion of perfection.
Contented by: BelTranslation International