MAC is a high range cosmetic which is mainly hired by professional makeup artist. It is very uncommon and unusual for MAC to hire a person who is not specialized and skilful as a makeup artist. Bio data or portfolio of the applicant is very necessary especially for the people who want to be a makeup artist in future .As a MAC makeup artist applicant, first he or she should reach the store for the process of interview. Then the process of interrogation will be done based on the flawless makeup done.
Here are few tips to become a MAC Certified Makeup Artist:
- Interview Technique – People who are interested in knowing about the MAC makeup skills or Mac make up techniques then they should visit the MAC store MAC department store where they would like to work. Go for the application procedures. Procedure sometimes may vary between stores and department stores. Generally the process of recruitment is done by the store manager for the MAC makeup artist. In a department store applicants may be hired by the department store itself who will be working in the MAC counter. The counter service skills are highly taken into consideration for the applicant, if a person doesn’t not have much professional skills or experience of applying the makeup.
There may be several applicants however, where counter service skills and the technique of applying cosmetics are missing but can also be hired due to correspondence course performed. There are several considerations made for the placement of the position too. People or professionals who have high skills or strong technicalities with good customer service skills are more prone to get hired in the interview or the examination tests.
- Create or detailing of the Resume: – There are some counter positions that are advertised requires a resume. While creating the resume or polishing up the existing one, any previous makeup artist experience, and cosmetology courses and certificates of the courses should be highlighted. Customer service skills should be heighted in the resume and the previous experience should be mentioned well in a detailed account. People without the professional makeup artist skills and degree certificates should at least make a try to take courses in the college or beauty school to learn the basic or advanced makeup application techniques. A makeup artist certificate may act as a dead weapon to grab the job and crack the interview.
- Practise Makeup Application: – For the purpose of application of the makeup, the applicant should demonstrate their skills of artistry. Practice including applying of makeup on the friends, family and anyone who is willing to grant the makeover. Be experienced with applying of makeup on people with different skin colour light, fair, rich or deep. Applicants should know how to rectify the flaws in the face and create different looks in the MAC style.
- Create a Portfolio: It’s not all but few MAC stores and counters will ask for a portfolio. If that is the case then professional photographs will be needed. Try to advertise and socialise photographer at local colleges and universities or if the budget is high then hiring of the professional photographer who is accustomed to shooting fashion photography. Of the two choices the latter is the best and is the most inexpensive. It is also not unusual to be asked to bring a pen drive or a video tape for demonstrating the makeup application. Again the store managers may have the following varying application facilities.
- On site Demonstration: During the process of interview, it is likely needed that applicants will be asked to demonstrate the process of application of makeup. It may be sometimes necessary to demonstrate on a friend or a person that the MAC representative has arranged to participate in the demonstration. Sometimes applicants are being interrogated to create different looks of the same person within a given period of time.
- Applicants Look: The makeup should be blended well and should be applied uniformly. There should not be any lining of the makeup applied and the eyes should be phenomenal. Applicants who can remove the crease should be rewarded and awarded. The way of clothing and dressing should be stylish and be very formal. It should be at least an hour for the makeover so need to dress with it keeping in mind.
- More Details about the Interview: Definitely read properly and thoroughly to read the answers of the questions regarding the MAC philosophy and according matching with the beauty philosophy. Since MAC offers training classes for its employees, sometimes it becomes beneficial to indicate the willingness to constantly learn about the new makeup styles and techniques.