This is an age of social media, an age of the internet. Even a few decades ago, the internet was something used by the military for communication purposes regarding military strategies. After it was made available to the common mass, an evolution was eminent. The seed of the revolution was planted and gradually picking up the pace, we are finally faced with the present age. Among the million aspects that has evolved, one key and most important aspect of social life that has taken a huge step forward is communication. Long gone are the days where communication meant only writing letters and awaiting a reply when we burned with anticipation. The present generation communication has taken a huge step forward.
Social media has become a type of universal society, uniting people from all around the world with just the click of a button. The question being, what is social media and social media websites? Social media is a means of communicating over the internet using different softwares and applications, via a simple visual interface. Through this interface we interact with each other in ways such as talking, video calling, texting or even voice calling. Over time some of these platforms gain a certain degree of recognition based on their user popularity, easiness, reliability, privacy, service availability and cost effectiveness (if any). One such social media based platform used for communication is the Snapchat. It may not be the first suggestion that comes to mind but it has earned its fair share of fan base and popularity. Today we are going to discuss how an application designed for recreation and chatting can also be employed to organise certain social events.
Snapchat has a monthly activity of around 200 million users. The aspect that distinguishes it from other social media platforms is the limited lifetime of the posts, events, and activities that users share on the website. The posts made by the users disappear after they are viewed by the recipient. This limited lifetime period of the posts also make it a perfect place for event marketing.
Getting started with snapchat is very easy. Give your email and other necessary details, and your account is ready. Next will be mentioned a few steps via which you can incorporate Snapchat in event marketing.
- Create a specific Snapchat geofilter for your event. Geofilters are actually filters or illustrations that can only be opted during some special events. In order to create your own brand filter, you need to submit a sample illustration to Snapchat services. After a few business days during which it will be reviewed, any photos taken in Snapchat during that particular event the users can apply your custom created filter on their images.
Here’s how the process works:
- Choose a venue and a span of time your geofiter will remain active. In order to engage a larger audience, try to include buffers on the time and geography.
- Submit your ideas and illustrations on the snapchat website for evaluations. You may also consult the internet for ideas regarding the design of your geofilter. Try to make it simple and synonymous to the theme of the event. Do a bit of research beforehand.
- Make sure to submit the illustration 3 to4 days prior the event or the time you want your filter to be active.
- Rates varies based on the timespan and the size of the geofilter, the base price being $5/ 20,000 square feet.
These pictures are sent to your friends and anyone who views the image will be exposed to your brand. So it is completely natural is you happen to notice these pictures popping up on different other social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, as the viewers may have downloaded the image and posted them.
Here are a few pointers while designing the filter:
- Include the name of your business, provided you have the required rights to do so. However, you cannot use phone numbers, email or even URLs.
- The geofilters need to be in a PNG format, with a resolution of 1080*1920 pixels and must be 300kb or less in size.
- If you don’t have any prior design experience, you can download some default templates available for download at Snapchat’s official website.
- An important note: use the top and bottom section of the screen. This will prevent the template from covering the user’s original photo.
- The second option is to create the event story on Snapchat itself:
Create an account specifically for the event on snapchat to engage with the users directly. This process allows you to post stories regarding the event and share other representations for the viewers to see.
Here are a few tips that will help you to better showcase your event:
- Provide a presentation of the preparation of the event, an uncut version of the preparations. Give out a few spoilers. Give rise to a sense of anticipation among them by showing off a glimpse of the sponsors, the venue where the event is going to take place. Release a video of a small interview with the performers as well.
- If u don’t have exciting photos to share, spice up your collection with the snapchat editor which presents a huge array of tools to choose from and gives that extra edge to your photos.
Don’t get messed up. This types of marketing are supposed to be fun. Don’t get all crooked under a cloud of self-created peer pressure. The basic trick behind boosting a particular event is to remain active. The attendees need to know that the event is lively and in the long run they will be entertained throughout the process.
ConferenceAlert.com website which catalogues a huge number of recorded events that have already taken place, to the ones that will take place. Both on a national and international scale. Here you can host your event just by clicking on the “add event” icon. Select a venue, arrange your events in a very straightforward and simplistic way. Just a few clicks and phone calls and you’re on your way to organizing your own event. The next step being the publicity of the event with Snapchat.
Contented by: ConferenceAlert.com